Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3: Only GTK apps start, all others segfault at startup
Larx composed on 2017-06-18 06:25 (UTC+0200):

To start, I found the problematic package: xf86-input-libinput!
If I revert only this one back to the last 42.2 version, everything
works as expected.
.
Found how exactly?
... also sending logs seems a bit problematic to me as the list
does not allow attachments.
Discourages, not disallows. Obsolete logs needlessly clutter mailing list
archives. Logs on susepaste expire as there usefulness expires.
.
(btw, I really felt a bit retro subscribing
to this mailing list and having to use susepaste for attachements
instead of using a forum or something "modern" like that.)
journalctl [-e|tail -n##]

???
.
I left out a necessary | before [. :-( As in man pages, '-e' and 'tail -n##' are
alternative options for use with journalctl. e.g. 'journalctl | tail -n33'.
.
journalctl -e _COMM=gdm-x-session
.
https://paste.opensuse.org/16965081
.
There are advantages to plain text "retro" email.

In email, I see legible black text on white background in optimal size, instead
of the susepaste URL, which is gray mousetype along with a copious added and
wasteful whitespace, plus useless distractive material typical of forums and
other web sites. At least the susepaste URL has a link to raw output, which
produces a page that works as well or maybe even better than email.

Glad you found the problem. Did you report it on http://bugzilla.opensuse.org/
(or at least mention it on ircs://freenode/opensuse-factory), so that newer
libinput versions might get fixed?

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/