Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3: Only GTK apps start, all others segfault at startup
Larx composed on 2017-06-17 15:12 (UTC+0200):
.
I gather that it must be some strange incompatibility for me, as I seem to be
the only one. I don't have such a exotic system, it's an Intel-based MS
Surface Pro 3 with a fairly fresh, good working 42.2 installation. Only
exotic stuff is a few NFS mounts and SSSD with LDAP for authentication, but
that should be harmless.
.
I don't have an idea where to start finding the reason for this behaviour :-(

Those want help really need to provide better information about the hardware
than simply "Surface Pro 3" or "i915", which say little to would-be helpers,
making them work extra to figure out someplace just to get started. I took the
trouble and found on a web forum

8086:22b0

which translates to Intel Braswell. So, focus on that keyword, as yours seems to
be a unique problem likely related to your specific gfx. Share also this:

egrep 'onnec|EE' /var/log/Xorg.?.log

which should tell us running kernel, which driver Xorg is actually using, how
it's connected to the display, and any error messages coming from the server.
Alternatively, pastebin the whole log (zypper in susepaste; man susepaste).

Some other commands that might help us help you:

inxi
hwinfo
lspci
dmesg | grep error