[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the weeks 2017/23 & 24
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

It’s said that time flies when one is busy – so what does that mean in
the context of Tumbleweed? We must be skipping entire periods. The last
two weeks have seen 10 snapshots being published, which is a clear
indication that our community IS busy bringing you all the nice updates
you wish for. I will cover the snapshots 0602, 0604, 0605, 0607, 0608,
0609, 0610, 0612, 0613 and 0615. 0615 passed openQA and is currently in
progress of syncing out, mirrors should deliver it shortly.

What did those snapshots all bring you?

* QEmu 2.9.0
* KDE Plasma 5.10.1
* KDE Applications 17.04.2
* Linux Kernel 4.11.4
* Qt 5.9.0
* GO 1.8 is available, in parallel to version 1.7

And some more things are coming your way – larger and smaller changes,
some keeping developers busy for long nights:

* systemd 233
* KDE Frameworks 5.35.0
* GStreamer 1.12.0 – expect this soon now!
* OpenSSL 1.1 as default
* LibreOffice 5.4
* Linux Kernel 4.11.5

If there are any areas you wish to work with the community, don’t be
shy, speak up and help you get started. Besides the feeling of helping
the community, it can also be a great learning experience.

Keep those updates coming - keep the build service busy!

Cheers,
Dominique
  • No further messages