Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3 - python3-vobject / PyICU broken
  • From: Eric Schirra <ecsos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 21:21:02 +0200
Am Dienstag, 13. Juni 2017, 21:03:12 CEST schrieb Martin Pluskal:
On 6/13/17 7:52 PM, Eric Schirra wrote:
Am Dienstag, 13. Juni 2017, 17:25:00 CEST schrieb Oliver Kurz:
Am 13. Juni 2017 16:43:09 MESZ schrieb Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>:
Hi,
During some tests I found the py3 modules for PyICU and, as depedency,
vobject, are broken.

Both are required for webdav/caldav processing of Python3 Applications

Can one of the maintainers please look into this?

I already created SRs to d:l:p, they just need to be accepted, then SRs
oS:Fctry will follow

There was many packages in python deleted.
Why?

But Axel write about python3.
Python3-PyICU could not build because of missing icu-le
This is only in libicu57_1. Not in libicu59_1.
And libicu is no more in d:l:p.
Think it is delete too.

Hi

I have to admit that I struggle a bit to understand what you are trying
to say, but I guess that you missed python single spec transition, which
leads to obsoletion of d:l:python3 - thats why thinks are happening in
d:l:p even for python3 now. And yes, there were cleanups of abandoned
packages there.
Cheers

Sorry for my english.
For myself i need python-PyICU.
This is no more in repo. But for some days it was.
And there are some more package wich were deleted.
There is now, or some time longer, a package python-icu. But official the
package is called PyICU not simple icu.
I have made two request, include update to 1.9.7, a new python-PyICU and an
update python3-PyICU.
But both will not build in d:l:p because icu-le is missing.
Icu-le is in libicu57_1.
And libicu57_1 is also deleted. No libicu is in d:l:p
But both packages python-PyICU and python3-PyICU was build in d:l:p without
error for some days or weeks.

I hope you can understand my english now. :-)

Cheers, too.