[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.2
Hello Markus,

Am Samstag, 10. Juni 2017, 13:58:10 CEST schrieb Markus Egg:
[...]
I am updating a 13.1 machine and there was an addon CD with 13.1 .
Leap 42.2 also talks about a addon-CD that I can use and that I need for
getting firmware for my WLAN.
Where is this addon-CD to download?

Edit: tried to add the addon repo, there it wants to configure the network,
but I cannot install the network since the wlan needs the firmware from the
addon repo ! yast2 then crashes and gives some debug possibility which does
not help me.

I do change all that by taking the normal LAN network card,
but if there are devices that only have WLAN and need firmware from the
addon then this might result in a kind of deadlock.

I guess I can download the non-oss stuff from
[mirror]/opensuse/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/non-oss
and simply burn it on a CD?

perhaps you can download the needed packages from https://
software.opensuse.org/422/de to an usb stick and include the stick as an
additonal repository before updating?

Greetings
Wilhelm