Re: [opensuse-factory] out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 18:15:20 +0200
Op vrijdag 9 juni 2017 18:07:57 CEST schreef pit:
Peter Mc Donough wrote:
I think I found what inflated my / system by roughly 2GB.

Tons of "texlive" packages have been added.
These obviously belong to TeX/LaTeX, which I haven't missed since I use
(open)SuSe, i.e. for 15 years.

What has changed that these packages are now a requirement for Tumbleweed?

They are not, at least not in my case. neither on TW nor on Leap 42.2.
Check /var/log/zypp/history, for the first occurence of texlive (other than
texlive-lm-fonts which might be installed without texlive)

I have it installed on purpose, as I work in Science/Astronomy where LaTeX
is standard . But I had to do this 'manually'.

I don't have it installed
knurphtlaptop:/home/install/iso # rpm -qa | grep -i texlive
texlive-lm-fonts-2016.113.2.004svn28119-27.2.noarch
so the OP must have installed something that pulled those packages either as
dependencies or recommends. No other way.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team