Re: [opensuse-factory] out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB
  • From: pit <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 17:07:57 +0100
Peter Mc Donough wrote:

I think I found what inflated my / system by roughly 2GB.

Tons of "texlive" packages have been added.
These obviously belong to TeX/LaTeX, which I haven't missed since I use
(open)SuSe, i.e. for 15 years.

What has changed that these packages are now a requirement for Tumbleweed?

They are not, at least not in my case. neither on TW nor on Leap 42.2.
Check /var/log/zypp/history, for the first occurence of texlive (other than
texlive-lm-fonts which might be installed without texlive)

I have it installed on purpose, as I work in Science/Astronomy where LaTeX is
standard . But I had to do this 'manually'.