Re: [opensuse-factory] TW - zypper hangs while checking for file conflicts
On vendredi, 9 juin 2017 14.25:01 h CEST Roman Bysh wrote:
On 09/06/17 08:18 AM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Fri, 2017-06-09 at 08:09 -0400, Roman Bysh wrote:
This is a name that I created. I'll have to create a bug report if it
hasn't already been created.
The previous version - openSUSE 13.2 never had this problem.

They should be able to improve the speed. The present state is
unacceptable. ;-)

Now include yourself into the openSUSE community and 'they' becomes
'we'.

I am. I've been testing openSUSE and submitting bug reports and creating
entries in Fate since 2008.

I'm not a programmer but I understand the basics.
so you certainly understood, that loong process only occur in one specific
case.
The same kernel is replaced by a new build.
for example
4.11.3-1.4
by
4.11.3-1.5

And you have kernel-source installed.
which mean
find /usr/src/linux-4.11.3-1/ | wc -l
61754 files to check

Painful, but I've no ideas how to fix this, or even if that can be, which I
doubt. If multi-process was simple to implement, I guess it would have already
done.

If you don't want to have slow update, then remove kernel-source, most of us
don't need it ;-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch