Re: [opensuse-factory] out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB
* Freek de Kruijf <freek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-09-17 04:10]:
Op donderdag 8 juni 2017 22:32:59 CEST schreef Peter Mc Donough:
Am 03.06.2017 um 21:48 schrieb Peter Mc Donough:
Hi,

I noticed that the stuff on my ext4-root-partition has grown by more
than 20% over the last few month and I'm not aware that I added anything
new.
Usual requirements have been for years around 10GB.

So, just out of curiosity, did the system miss some housekeeping or does
Tumbleweed simply require more space.

I think I found what inflated my / system by roughly 2GB.

Tons of "texlive" packages have been added.
These obviously belong to TeX/LaTeX, which I haven't missed since I use
(open)SuSe, i.e. for 15 years.

I used:

zypper addlock texlive

to prevent these packages from loading.

but this presumes you already know that they will be installed and you are
certain you do not want/need them. I believe the op is wanting to know
why they were installed and he didn't expect the install and now does not
want it. he has the method to provide the why but has not, yet.