Re: [opensuse-factory] out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB
* Peter Mc Donough <mcd-mail-lists@xxxxxxx> [06-08-17 16:34]:
Am 03.06.2017 um 21:48 schrieb Peter Mc Donough:
Hi,

I noticed that the stuff on my ext4-root-partition has grown by more than
20% over the last few month and I'm not aware that I added anything new.
Usual requirements have been for years around 10GB.

So, just out of curiosity, did the system miss some housekeeping or does
Tumbleweed simply require more space.

I think I found what inflated my / system by roughly 2GB.

Tons of "texlive" packages have been added.
These obviously belong to TeX/LaTeX, which I haven't missed since I use
(open)SuSe, i.e. for 15 years.

What has changed that these packages are now a requirement for Tumbleweed?

what did you install that requires tex*

rpm -q --whatrequires texlive
should answer your question

perhaps requirements changed for a package you have installed.

rpm -qa *tex*
provides 8 packages on my Tw and the only texlive package is a font

ps. Spell checking suggested replacing "texlive" by "expletive"

comment not appropriate, opensoftware is provided by people volunteering
their time and service, including those here you want to answer your
questions. they do not deserve your derision.