Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: the curious case of missing cron jobs for btrfs
  • From: nicholas <ndcunliffe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2017 15:06:32 +0200
On Monday, 5 June 2017 14:54:51 CEST Peter Suetterlin wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
On Sun 04 Jun 2017 04:21:45 PM CDT, nicholas wrote:
Having noticed my TW btrfs root is stubernly unbalanced i found:
etc/cron.weekly/btrfs-balance
etc/cron.monthly/btrfs-scrub

have both gone awol, compared to diff from 06-04-2017

has this happened to anyone else?

Hi
Yes, I just forced the re-install of the btrfsmaintenance package...
there was also a forum user who had the issue as well...

Same here.

The scripts have been replaced by links to /usr/share/btrfsmaintenance/*
and there's a systemd service to create them. It had been run when
installing the btrfsmaintenance package, but obviously something has
removed them again :(

So instead of reinstalling you can also just
systemctl start btrfsmaintenance-refresh
perhaps distro maintainers should be alert to this (for action on subsiquent
snapshot)? if its a universal issue we will likely get a number of broken
systems as time goes on?