Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.2 NMI watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 23s! [btrfs-balance:2466]
On 04/06/17 07:55 AM, Jan Ritzerfeld wrote:
Am Samstag, 3. Juni 2017, 15:24:39 CEST schrieb Roman Bysh:
[...]
Dmesg did not cause the soft lock up. It shows the information.
When I first booted up today, the desktop froze for 22 seconds for each
core!

If a btrfs-balance is interrupted by a shutdown, it will resumed upon mount.

Gruß
Jan

Jan,

That explains the message! I ran btrfs balance on Tumbleweed that is installed
on my fourth drive. The btrfs balance ran so long and the computer locked up.
Since the keyboard locked up I had to use the reset button to reboot. The
message
appeared in "dmesg" on my first drive that is running Leap 42.2.