Re: [opensuse-factory] out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB
* Nate Graham <pointedstick@xxxxxxxx> [06-04-17 10:28]:
Suprred by this thread, I decided to investigate my own disk usage situation
and found that BTRFS subvolumes don't seem to be well handled by the various
tools that report disk usage. My / partition is 40G, with the full
complement of BTRFS subvolumes that the YaST installer sets up by default.
I'm trying to figure out how much space is used:

$ > df -hl /
/dev/nvme0n1p2 40G 22G 19G 54% /

But that can't be right...

$ sudo du -ch / -d 1
[sudo] password for root:
18M /etc
240G /.snapshots
79M /boot
62M /opt
1.4M /srv
361M /tmp
5.5G /usr
1.8G /var
57G /home
4.0K /dev
0 /proc
0 /sys
1.8M /run
2.7M /bin
615M /lib
13M /lib64
0 /mnt
11M /root
12M /sbin
0 /selinux
0 /media
305G /
305G total

Heh, that's even worse. Dolphin agrees with df, but Filelight comes up with
its own answer and says that 8.9G is used.

What is the canonical source of truth for disk usage on BTRFS volumes with
subvolumes?

Nate