Re: [opensuse-factory] out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB
On 03/06/17 08:46 PM, Karl Cheng wrote:
Check /tmp and /var/tmp, I believe these are never cleaned out by
default. (Reason given being that someone might place permanent stuff
there?)

Good point!

The OP did not make it clear if any of those were separate mounted file systems.

On my system the are, so if my RootFS suddenly grew by 20% I wound *KNOW* that
it was not because of anything in /tmp, /var/tmp, /var/log/ or the entries in
/var die to spooling, SMTP out being delayed or similar

--
If you keep your mind sufficiently open, people will throw a lot of rubbish
into it. --William Orton