Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.2 NMI watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 23s! [btrfs-balance:2466]
  • From: Jan Ritzerfeld <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 11:06:09 +0200
Am Samstag, 3. Juni 2017, 17:05:01 CEST schrieb Roman Bysh:
[...]
I made a mistake when creating the first sentence. I don't think that I'll
run that as I'm not configured for raid. I have it installed on a single
SSD. The Crucial MX300 525 GB.

btrfs-balance has useful side-effects on single-device filesystems:
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/FAQ#What_does_.22balance.22_do.3F
If you did not alter /etc/sysconfig/btrfsmaintenance, btrfs-balance will run
periodically, see BTRFS_BALANCE_* options there.

As a workaround, I disabled quotas and told snapper not to use quotas:
# btrfs quota disable /
# snapper set-config QGROUP= NUMBER_LIMIT=10 NUMBER_LIMIT_IMPORTANT=10
However, you will have to keep an eye on your filesystem usage and manually
delete old snapshots before(!) it gets too full.
Furthermore, I do not know an easy way to enable quotas again.

Gruß
Jan
--
Bureaucracy is the art of making the possible impossible.