Re: [opensuse-factory] out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB
* Nate Graham <pointedstick@xxxxxxxx> [06-03-17 19:09]:

On 06/03/2017 04:59 PM, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
Op zaterdag 3 juni 2017 21:48:29 CEST schreef Peter Mc Donough:
Hi,

I noticed that the stuff on my ext4-root-partition has grown by more
than 20% over the last few month and I'm not aware that I added anything
new.
Usual requirements have been for years around 10GB.

So, just out of curiosity, did the system miss some housekeeping or does
Tumbleweed simply require more space.

cu
Peter

If you used the defaults, your root filesystem is btrfs. Another default is
make a snapshot whenever the system is updated. These are probably causing
the growth.

Is there any kind of snapshot rotation policy, or do they grow until
manually purged?

/etc/snapper/configs/root