Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed 32-bit support lifetime

On Friday 2017-06-02 21:45, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

In plus, it depends what upstreams offer to us. IIRC, Firefox actually
announced to no longer support building for i586 with one of the next
versions - now, 'not supporting' can mean it still works for now, but
if it breaks, bugs are unlikely to be fixed by upstream.

My panoptic view of openSUSE tells me that it lives on for a while, because the
only real showstopper in getting programs runnable and usable are unportable
assembler code and certain conceptual requirements (such as atomic operations).
Everything else smells like a bug that could also show up in other, supported,
ILP32 environments.