Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20170529 released!
On Fri, 2017-06-02 at 21:22 +0300, Andrei Dziahel wrote:
~6500 here. Which makes me wonder: is it possible to not increment
build number (not producing new package) if package content didn't
change? That'd be relief for, say, interpreted languages.

We compare the old and new RPMs and if they did not change, a release
of the RPM is not done.

Some packages 'fail' in this category as they add time stamps into
documents or into binaries - but generally more and more packages work
fine for this - Bernhard every now and then sends nice stats to this
list, have a look in the archives for 'Reproducible builds'. The fact
that we just leverage the same to decide if a release is needed or not
is a happy coincidence.

cheers,
Dominique