Re: [opensuse-factory] [TW] Graphics glitches (HD530)
On Friday, 2 June 2017 11:13:17 BST Peter Suetterlin wrote:
Hi

is anyone else experiencing graphics glitches in Tumbleweed since a few
snapshots back?

They show up as horizontal (short) bars on fast-changing features. E.g., I
can see them when resizing an xterm horizontally forth and back. On the
window border that I'm extending I see jaggy features.
Another way to see them is switching desktop (I use slide), often the window
title bar of one or more windows on the screen I slide to shows the
artifacts.

Quite prominent they also show up when using optirun and the secondary
nvidia card: optirun glxspheres shows a LOT of those bars in/around the big
centrall ball when it pops up, or when running an unigine benchmark. I do
not see them using primusrun / optirun -b primus, though. But it is not
related to the nvidia card, I also see it with the card turned off, as in
the other examples above.

It definitely is a new issue that I did not see before (I have the laptop
since August last year). Unfortunately I cannot tell when exactly it
started. I think at most 2-3 weeks.

HW is a Lenovo T460p (Skylake, Optimus HD530/940MX), Desktop is plasma5. TW
is up-to-date (just did the gcc7 Mamut-dup...)

Am I the only one?

I am running an old Toshiba (Satellite A500-1GL) with Nvidia 330m chipset. No
such problems here. It is about seven years old.

Regards.

--
Sudhir Anand