Re: [opensuse-factory] NVidia GTX 1050 with bumblebee
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 16:44:58 +0100
Michal Hlaváč wrote:
Thanks Mykola,

I've tried all this things. IMO problem is, that nvidia card cannot
recognize display. I've read that this is problem on some laptops.
Maybe it's bug in driver.

No, you are not connected to any display - this is normal. It's only a
virtual X, the card renders the frames, but the output is sent to another X
(if I understand things correct).

Be it as it is, I do get exactly the same messages in Xorg.log, and also my
nvidia-settings tells me screen is at 640x480. My laptops' screen is
2560x1440. So that is not the issue...

One stupid question: Is your battery inserted?
When I got my laptop new I continued my habit to remove the battery when on AC
(improves lifetime a lot...), but then my Lenovo would only run at lowest CPU
speed (800MHz)....