Re: [opensuse-factory] What actions for PowerPC TW to continue to be in sync with TW project ?
On Fri, 2 Jun 2017, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

On Fri, 2017-06-02 at 10:01 +0200, Normand wrote:

Hello there,
What is supposed to be the "normal" process to have PowerPC TW
project
to be in sync with TW ?

Do we have to monitor manually the 273 specific packages in (1)
and check with potential changes in (2) ?
Or is there some tools to warn of the differences ?

(1) https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC
(2) https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/openSUSE:Factory

As somebody created actual packages in oS:F:PowerPC instead of
submitting fixes to the actual real package in oS:F (via devel), those
need to be monitored manually (hopefully the fixes did get submitted
and will come their way)

As soon as a package is created in :PowerPC, it is decoupled from oS:F
and no longer under the control of this project.

I'd go with verifying if the packages are links to oS:F and if they
are, if they contain any diff. Links without diff can simply be dropped
(they will be inherited from openSUSE:Factory again)

I wonder why we even allow this to happen.

Richard.

Cheers,
Dominique

--
Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB