Re: [opensuse-factory] snapd for openSUSE
IIRC the snaps talk at osc'17 last week ( https://www.slideshare.net/zk
rynicki/snaps-on-open-suse/41), there are also some apparmor patches
(which have been sent to upstream) which are needed to have proper
security. Is it on your todo list ?

Yeah, there are people working on pushing all necessary patches for
AppArmor to the upstream Linux kernel so we can have proper AppArmor
confinement with a pure upstream kernel soon. However I am not sure
where we are with this at the moment, but last I've heard was that we
just miss a few smaller things after 4.12 is out.

For now we will keep snapd on openSUSE in the so called forced-devmode
which will deactivate strict confinement via AppArmor but just keeps the
seccomp part enabled.

Hope that helps. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

regards,
Simon