[opensuse-factory] macros breaking quilt was: New rpm macros to test package versions in spec files
On 2017-05-31 13:15, Antonio Larrosa wrote:
That's a good point. Although I'm not sure why these macros make the problem
worse than it currently is, and if you're complaining about conditionals in
%prep
in general and how they break quilt, I guess that should be discussed in
another thread.

I'm working heavily with quilt and was hitting that here and there.

I found out that one problem is that the macros used in .spec files need
to be available on the system running quilt.
Usually in /etc/rpm/macros.* or under /usr/lib/rpm/

So when I am working with Factory packages on a 42.2 host, some newer
macros will be missing.
And if I do not have some latex-foo package installed that provides
specific macros, the same applies.
osc build takes care to make it all work in the chroot/kvm
but nothing does for quilt on the outside/host.

Ciao
Bernhard M.

  • No further messages