Re: [opensuse-factory] TW : LibreOffice : soffice.bin
On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 8:59 PM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
<dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2017-05-30 at 20:44 +0300, ellanios82 wrote:
On 30/05/17 17:46, Michael Ströder wrote:
ellanios82 wrote:
- since most recent zypper dup LibreOffice : soffice.bin

runs non-stop at 100% CPU

I can confirm this.

FWIW: I'm using XFCE.

- thank you Michael : likewise , i too use XFCE

There is a suspicion that there is an issue with the glib main loop
here.

A patch was just submitted to Factory (currently in staging)

Brave people can try to

osc getbinaries GNOME:Factory glib2 openSUSE_Factory x86_64
rpm -Fhv binaries/*.rpm

Would be good to receive some feedback on that upfront - in case this
is not the issue, a bug report might be required (if glib fixes it,
well, some patiance please, it's on the way)

I performed a zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change and got the packages
rebuilt with GCC 7. I also pulled in the packages you referenced
above.

After a restart and opening a docx file I still get the 100% CPU
soffice.bin process.

Some data points:

- NVidia GTX 1070 video card with NVidia proprietary driver version 375.66
- I do _not_ have an option to use OpenGL in Tools → Options → View,
but 'Use hardware acceleration' and 'Use anti-aliasing' are both
enabled
- disabling the two settings mentioned above and restarting does not
get rid of the 100% CPU usage

I have also seen the same behaviour on my laptop, a Thinkpad W541
using the iGPU.

Robert

--
http://robert.muntea.nu/