Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 20170529 major breakage in Thunderbird
Let me also take the opportunity ask: how do you easily roll back a package version with zypper? I read through the man page and scoured the web but wasn't able to come up with anything that worked.

% zypper se -s pkg

will give you the list of versions that zypper knows about (has a cached version of / can see in your repos). You can then forcefully install (downgrade) pkg to pkg-1.2.3 with:

% zypper in --oldpackage pkg-1.2.3

You should get a warning about a downgrade. I'm not actually sure if this will downgrade libraries (if necessary) but I would hope it does (since zypper would see it as a reinstall with different Requires).

--
Aleksa Sarai
Software Engineer (Containers)