Re: [opensuse-factory] Tallying the quality of package descriptions

On 05/20/2017 04:32 AM, Roman Bysh wrote:
On 19/05/17 08:56 AM, Rüdiger Meier wrote:

On 05/19/2017 12:45 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Friday 2017-05-19 12:27, Rüdiger Meier wrote:

The summary is not a regular sentence. It need not have a subject nor a
verb.
Like with music pieces, it is something of a title (and before you ask, I am
not going to enforce the camelugly Title Casing either, thankyouverymuch).
For
the same reason, they also do not need an article. In fact, such feels
rather
squatty and redundant in a list like

kbounce A bounce ball game
aisleriot A solitaire game for KDE
dustrac A tile-based 2D racing game
freeciv A Qt client for Freeciv
freeciv A Gtk client for Freeciv

I wonder what's wrong here? Better "Yet another bounce ball game"? Just
"bounce
ball game" would sound odd to me.

For me it's a valuable information that something is just *a* bounce ball
game among others. "A bounce ball game" is IMO a very good summary and could
be used for any other bounce ball game too.

What if it was named ball bounce game?

We would probably allow it and maybe ask you to suppress that particular
warning.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30