Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Tumbeweed - Nvidia 340.102 Driver Compile Fails
* Sudhir Anand <sudhir.anand.1@xxxxxxxxxxx> [05-14-17 16:36]:
On Sun, 2017-05-14 at 13:57 -0400, Ken Schneider - Factory wrote:
On 05/14/2017 08:55 AM, André Verwijs wrote:

you cant use nvidia drivers for TW, its a rolling release so it
changes almost every week... fix nouveau packgages first, much
easier...

Not sure where you got your information but I have been using the
Nvidia drivers with tumbleweed for a long time (years). Is it a
little more work? Yes, but not that much more.

I agree. It can be challenging at times. In any case, I have both
Leap 42.2 and Tumbleweed installed. This allows me to switch distros
when there are issues with Tumblewood.

cannot recall last time I had memorable problems with Tw, nor the last
time I was unable to use Tw as primary workstation on desktop or laptop
and I do roll my own nvidia drivers.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo