Re: [opensuse-factory] Python-singelspec plans for Leap

On 05/11/2017 12:57 AM, Bernhard M. Wiedemann wrote:
On 2017-05-10 13:22, Axel Braun wrote:
what are the plans to bring singlespec packages into Leap 42.3?
Is there a timeline?
And also thoughts about retrofit to 42.2/42.1?

I thought, such major changes could be left out there
and only arrive in the next major version (Leap 15.0)

but since I'm not much involved there, others might have different plans.

Your correct that the changes won't go back to Leap 42.1/42.2 (with the
exception of using the d:l:p repo), the only way to do changes there is
with a maintenance update and that doesn't fit the criteria.

For the unreleased 42.3 which is the next release it does make a lot of
sense to support it though, given many of the smaller python libs come
directly from factory each leap point release and using single spec has
a minimal impact on packages that don't use it (other then maybe needing
to add a provides python2-XXX.

I have some python modules that I maintain which would normally get a
bugfix update for 42.3 but won't without singlespec as the factory
version already uses it.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30