Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE:Leap:42.3 started
Moin,

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017, 20:14:29 +0100, Martin Wilck wrote:
On Mon, 2017-01-09 at 15:48 +0100, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
[...]
as a result
   users of Thunderbird+Enigmail, Mutt+gpg-extensions etc. are
driving
   nuts due to repeatedly typing in their passphrase every once in
   a while. This could be overcome (== worked-around) by using the
   former GNOME Keyring version 3.16.0 (see also boo#1012371).

I can't quite follow. Enigmail can cache passwords for a configurable
amount of idle time. mutt+gpg should be able to use regular gpg-agent,
no?

I don't actually have a problem with mutt+gpg; the first trouble for
non-experienced users arises when they get asked for the GPG passphrase
(they didn't get asked before when gnome-keyring still worked). Worse is
that the standard configuration doesn't seem to actually work (at least
not for me):

gpg2-2.0.24-5.5.x86_64
enigmail-1.9.5-1.4.x86_64
MozillaThunderbird-45.8.0-39.1.x86_64

(if I'm not mistaken, these are the current versions on openSUSE Leap
42.2). Whenever a Thunderbird user clicks on a GPG encrypted or signed
message, it results in message popup from Enigmail describing an error
in the communication between GnuPG and gpg-agent. IIRC, long ago I had a
similar problem on TW, but there we switched to gpg2-2.1 at some time,
which is when the problem went away.

I currently work around the whole issue by using my own versions of
enigmail and gnome-keyring on openSUSE Leap 42.2:

enigmail-1.8.2-5.5
gnome-keyring-3.16.0-5.8

But, this ought to work better on 42.3 (and 43.0 even more), which is
why I raised this issue in the first place...

Regards
Martin

Cheers.

l8er