Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot 20170311
On 03/14/2017 10:36 AM, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
On 03/14/2017 03:08 PM, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On Tue, 2017-03-14 at 10:00 -0400, Ken Schneider - Factory wrote:
Strangely enough, the last kernel update was in snapshot 0310 - not
0311; did you happen to skip that one?
My understanding is when using zypper dup it's impossible to skip an
update as all new updates include previous updated packages. Am I
wrong
in this thinking?
You can easily skip entire snapshots: simply don't call zypper dup: I'd
assume this is nothing unusual (even I do not dup my machine daily)
I think Ken wanted to say that "skipping snapshots" just means
"not running 'zypper dup'" for some time ... but that you'll still
get the accumulated package updates from the "skipped" snapshot(s)
the next time you do it again, of course.

Have a nice day,
Berny

Exactly, much simpler wording then my drawn out reply. Thanks

--
Ken Schneider