Re: [opensuse-factory] Rolling to Leap 42.3
Am 09.03.2017 um 12:15 schrieb Dave Plater:

On 09/03/2017 12:21, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Blender changed to python-3.5 March 2016 and looking at boo#1026975 my
instinct say's that soon there will be a few packages unable to be
updated. Libreoffice?

Such is life with longer release cycles. Note that this is also
something in the responsibility of upstreams. If they want their
software to be easily installable on not so bleeding edge operating

Well, python 3.5 is from 2015 - and I guess blender requires it not just
for fun, but because of important fixes.

And I wonder what makes python3 so special that we can't update it
(within SLE) - is there any component requiring it? From what I see
it has really limited impact.

Greetings, Stephan