Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20170303 breaks plymouth with lucks LVM AND brakes also multimonitor support of Plasma using Nouveau.
In data domenica 5 marzo 2017 12:16:05, Bruno Friedmann ha scritto:
On dimanche, 5 mars 2017 12.11:49 h CET stakanov wrote:
After having overcome that plymouth is broken, now I am in the desktop:

Graphics Nvidia 7600, Processor X2 Phenom 560, 2 GB Ram (so a normal
system).

Monitor resolution is broken. The screen does not allow to select the
resolution. The second output on VGA is not seen, so multimonitor support
is broken.
The image of the screen is ridiculously small compared to the monitor. The
size is about 3/4 of normal.
During boot (after eliminating Plymouth) there are no error messages.

On the same system (running Leap 42.2 standard) everything is perfect. So
the issue is not hardware wise.

Sorry to bother, you didn't specify if you're using nvidia blob or nouveau?

You do not bother, I am using nouveau. Sorry for not specifying.

A curiosity: I complain since quite some time about VLC-Kaffeine not working,
while VLC does.
I found out that if started in recovery mode, the VLC-Kaffeine does work (also
sized as a stamp) but shows immage. While it does not if started normaly.
I would expect this to be all connected as Vdpau complains about not being
able to choose the right display. (Maybe I am wrong but for me it has some
sense as in recovery mode I do not have multimonitor support.

Currently the selecton of kde shows just: one monitor, no selection of
resolution).