Re: [opensuse-factory] why is tumbleweed still using cron?
  • From: nicholas <ndcunliffe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 19:08:10 +0100
cron - trying to find if btrfsmaintenance is actually running.

looked in the journal -> no mention of the cron job starting, no mention of
btrfsmaintenance, no mention of balance, i finally nailed it by searching on
the activity that balance invokes "relocating block group". If i have missed
something let me know, otherwise this is not how a good interface should work.

seems to me cron operates on a "script and pray" principle