Re: [opensuse-factory] why is tumbleweed still using cron?
28.02.2017 20:57, Carlos E. R. пишет:
On 2017-02-28 18:12, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
28.02.2017 19:44, Stefan Seyfried пишет:
On 28.02.2017 11:58, Simon Lees wrote:
So the executive summary about systemd timers is: * not
started if the user is not logged in or does not use GNOME

This part is not entirely true, KDE, Enlightenment and possibly
others

Doesn't matter. If you are not logged in, your timers will not
run.

Which is not entirely correct. But I suppose you are not interested
and do not care anyway :)

Others may ;-)

I already answered this in this thread.

I will probably keep using cron. I know how it works and how to debug
it. But I'm not closed to using timers if the need arises.

And then, there are more people that read this or may read it in the
future.