Re: [opensuse-factory] why is tumbleweed still using cron?
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017, 18:12:06 +0100, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
28.02.2017 19:44, Stefan Seyfried пишет:
On 28.02.2017 11:58, Simon Lees wrote:
So the executive summary about systemd timers is:
* not started if the user is not logged in or does not use GNOME

This part is not entirely true, KDE, Enlightenment and possibly others

Doesn't matter. If you are not logged in, your timers will not run.

Which is not entirely correct. But I suppose you are not interested and
do not care anyway :)

Why should I as a user or as an administrator? Didn't systemd developers
tell everbody that systemd is a "drop-in" replacement for whats-o-ever
functionality it is going to replace? It wasn't me proposing to replace
systemd-timers with cron's functionality, but they simply *are not*
compatible. Full stop. Hence, cron should stay as it is.

Cheers.

l8er
manfred
< Previous Next >