Re: [opensuse-factory] BFQ-KMP-DEFAULT
On Tuesday 28 February 2017, Marco Calistri wrote:
Il 28/02/2017 11:26, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar ha scritto:
On Tue, 2017-02-28 at 14:21 +0000, Marco Calistri wrote: >> Dear
Tumbleweed developers, >> >> I think that this Rolling

Distribution is working like a charm but >> sometimes some very
important (at least for me) packages are not >> updated >>
accordingly to the others, causing a particular feature stop to work.
It is the case of bfq-kmp-default which I once again believe
that >> *should be the default scheduler* and should come directly
enabled >> into >> new kernels. >> >> Is there any possibility to
have this package updated in parallel to >> the >> main kernel
packages? > > Has the upstream situation changed since you proposed
this last time on > January 9th 2017? > > Cheers > Dominique
Hi Dominique,

I configured the repository
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/tiwai:/bfq/stable/
in order to get the package bfq-kmp-default but I noticed that
sometimes (like now) it went no updated in sync with the main kernel
update.

Couldn't we add the kmp package to factory?

I understand that since it is managed externally by volunteer
developer it could not be in sync with main repository.

Sorry I'm not enough skilled regarding OpenSuse packages distribution
in order to answer you on a better way.

Regards,