Re: [opensuse-factory] why is tumbleweed still using cron?

On 02/28/2017 05:53 PM, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
On 28.02.2017 04:29, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
27.02.2017 22:07, Stefan Seyfried пишет:
I guess you have an extra systemd instance running for your user?
I won't.

It is usually started automatically

not for XFCE, it seems

but if you intentionally disable it

fortunately, I did not have to do that (yet)

So the executive summary about systemd timers is:
* not started if the user is not logged in or does not use GNOME

This part is not entirely true, KDE, Enlightenment and possibly others
all launch inside a systemd user session so i'd expect they work as
well. As a side note currently to run wayland the desktop needs to be
run in a systemd user session (know one got to making another way) so
most desktops are slowly heading that way.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30