Re: [opensuse-factory] unexpected freezes
  • From: ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 10:10:44 +0000
On Tuesday, 28 February 2017 09:23:13 GMT Diamantis Karagkiaouris wrote:
Dear all,

I am facing a lot of freezes on tumbleweed. It seems that is something
wrong with kernel. I am using the latest one. Suddenly it freezes when
formatting external drive or when just watching youtube. After that my
only option is hard reset, as i cannot switch to commandline. I have
already report a message i have found on dmesg, but i didn't see any
progress on the report. Is anyone facing the same behaviour?
I have at least one freeze a day, but never at the same place. Sometimes its
just after login before the desktop is shown, sometimes its when i'm using
kmail. I can still move the mouse around but the keyboard is completely
locked up so i can't ctrl+alt+backspace.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170226
Qt: 5.7.1