Re: [opensuse-factory] Problem with OBS and VirtualBox
On 02/27/2017 02:12 PM, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
On lundi, 27 février 2017 20.24:53 h CET Larry Finger wrote:
In bsc #1024671, it is reported that a new installation of Leap 42.2 cannot
run VirtualBox. I have confirmed the report. An installation + update
results in kernel 4.4.49; however, the host kmp for VB is for kernel
4.4.36. Something is keeping the VB update from running so that the modules
match the new kernel.

The only thing I see is that when I try to issue a new "mr" for
home:lwfinger:branches:openSUSE:Leap:42.2:Update, it fails as follows:

finger@linux-4v1g:~/home:lwfinger:branches:openSUSE:Leap:42.2:Update/virtual
box> osc mr -m "Handle 3D acceleration as reported in bsc #1024934"
Using target project 'openSUSE:Maintenance'
Server returned an error: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request
The source of package
home:lwfinger:branches:openSUSE:Leap:42.2:Update/sparse is broken

I do not see why home:.../virtualbox should have anything to do with
home:.../sparse.

What do I need to do?

Larry
With a quick look, if you do a mr on a project all packages are included.
As you have a broken sparse package there, the rest failed.

I don't know if you need it or it is an old one.
I guess you can run your osc mr to the targeted package Virtualbox

osc maintenancerequest [ SOURCEPROJECT [ SOURCEPACKAGES RELEASEPROJECT ] ]
which should be

osc mr home:lwfinger:branches:openSUSE:Leap:42.2:Update VirtualBox
openSUSE:Leap:42.2:Update

Hope this help you a bit

Bruno,

Yes that helps. That sparse project is old, and I have submitted a delete request for it, but no change.

After I sent the mail, I tried an "sr" on the package, which OBS turned into a successful "mr". Go figure.

Larry

--
If I was stranded on an island and the only way to get off
the island was to make a pretty UI, I’d die there.

Linus Torvalds