Re: [opensuse-factory] opensuse factory (2017.02.24) want to remove not installed packages.....

The issue now is that now you have to fulfil both package and
application dependencies.

Exactly: anti-KISS complexity added to an already very complex process. :-(

I know that I want much fewer fonts than I have, selecting one is a
nightmare. Removing them is impossible, zypper complains.

Zypp isn't the ultimate authority. Locking seems to work well enough oncethe requiring package is installed and rpm -e --nodeps has been run on the
demanded desires/recommends/wants/suggests fonts "package". I've yet to encounter breakage on account of absence of installed oxygen or carlito fonts
as long as other TTF and/or OTF fonts are available.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/