Re: [opensuse-factory] why is tumbleweed still using cron?
  • From: Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 13:48:06 +0100
Am Sonntag, 26. Februar 2017, 07:50:28 CET schrieb nicholas:
it seems we have 2 systems for default timed events - systemd and cron -
why? - 2 systems is 2X things to learn, 2X things to monitor, 2X things to
go wrong - systemd has a (very) nice interface/overview "systemctl
list-timers --all" - from limited experience cron bugs/problems can be
quite opaque
so why is everything not moved to systemd?

... can systemd timers operate on fixed times, like cron?

For all I know (might be wrong) they operate on fixed intervals, like anacron
jobs... but not at fixed times.

so... cron should stay.

Cheers
MH