Re: [opensuse-factory] Snapper: cannot boot from any snapshots
  • From: nicholas <ndcunliffe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 06:54:53 +0100
On 2017-02-25 18:14, huw wrote:
Yeah, the root was completely filled - at least according to df,
which I have since learned may not be reliable on a btrfs
partition, although when I last upgraded I had a whole slew of
errors relating to the device being full. I already deleted some
snapshots manually now, and have upgraded at least once since.
However, the output of your command is:

Overall: Device size: 29.30GiB Device allocated:
26.40GiB

So, a 30 GiB root partition. That is way too little for btrfs, even
more so on Tumbleweed. You should have 100 GiB at least. If you want
snapshots, that is.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

i disagree with 100gb (if you dont have root resident VMs etc), i have
sufficient space with 26gb (30gb would probably be better)

Overall:
Device size: 25.97GiB
Device allocated: 23.20GiB
Device unallocated: 2.77GiB
Device missing: 0.00B
Used: 17.23GiB
Free (estimated): 8.34GiB (min: 8.34GiB)
Data ratio: 1.00
Metadata ratio: 1.00
Global reserve: 55.75MiB (used: 0.00B)

PS it is trivial to expand btrfs even online (mounted)
btrfs filesystem resize +2g /