Re: [opensuse-factory] Snapper: cannot boot from any snapshots
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 18:48:22 GMT nicholas wrote:
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 19:27:46 CET huw wrote:
I'd say the fact that Snapper was able to fill my root partition without
quotas being disabled is a bug...

it is unfortunate yes, but a bug no - quotas works on the principle of using
%
(50% default) of free space, enforced on cron defined intervals. in your case
you actually have *very* little free space, so if you hit it with file
*changes* over a relativly short space of time it will fill up regardless.
you have several options: change quota allocations, reduce number (range) of
snapshots, increase space, etc

Perhaps technically not a bug then, but even so I feel like this shouldn't have
been allowed to happen to a "normal" desktop user doing nothing exotic and
accepting all defaults at install.

Also, I notice there are no options in Yast2/Snapper to do any of what you
suggest.

Kind regards,
Huw