Re: [opensuse-factory] Snapper: cannot boot from any snapshots
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 22:50:29 GMT Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-02-25 18:14, huw wrote:

Yeah, the root was completely filled - at least according to df,
which I have since learned may not be reliable on a btrfs
partition, although when I last upgraded I had a whole slew of
errors relating to the device being full. I already deleted some
snapshots manually now, and have upgraded at least once since.
However, the output of your command is:

Overall: Device size: 29.30GiB Device allocated:
26.40GiB

So, a 30 GiB root partition. That is way too little for btrfs, even
more so on Tumbleweed. You should have 100 GiB at least. If you want
snapshots, that is.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

Well, I accepted whatever was the default partition scheme during install. So,
something the openSUSE team needs to change, I would have thought. At the very
least, a message to the effect. 100GB is insane for a root partition for any
other distro.

Kind regards,
Huw