Re: [opensuse-factory] Snapper: cannot boot from any snapshots
  • From: nicholas <ndcunliffe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 17:09:41 +0100
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 16:46:15 CET huw wrote:
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 10:03:53 GMT nicholas wrote:
general comment - if the confusing dialouge is not a limitation of grub -
*it should be changed*

if you did want more help - can you describe the problem, assumed cause
and
what you mean by a usable desktop?

Well, I didn't go into it at first because it's probably related to a recent
zypper up I did with (unknowingly) a full root partition, which caused the
upgrade to partially fail. But anyway, the problem is that when I boot
from a snapshot I get as far as the grey screen with three green dots in
the middle, and it doesn't go any further. I can use alt-f1 to switch to a
console though. Is this working as intended, or should SDDM start?

Kind regards,
Huw

your on tumbleweed with btrfs and your root is full?
have you disabled quotas?
what does "sudo btrfs filesystem usage -h /" say?
can you also give output of "sudo snapper list"