Re: [SOLVEd] Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Magic Sysrequest gone??
Am 21.02.2017 um 02:20 schrieb Brian K. White:
On 2/20/2017 7:40 PM, Peter Mc Donough wrote:
Am 21.02.2017 um 00:48 schrieb Yamaban:
On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 00:23, Peter Mc Donough <mcd-mail-lists@...> wrote:

Tonight I needed magic sysrequest
<AlT><Print> reisub.
System Tumbleweed, up-to-date
It didn't work.

Yast tells me, it is enabled.

Any other switch to check?

Hints from here (Disabled by Default):
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/510867-Is-Alt-SysRq-REISUB-disabled-in-openSUSE

From there: You can enable it in YaST->Security and Users->Security
Center and Hardening e.g.

That is where I had already checked.
With a little experiment I found something I didn't expect:

Green hook = disabled
red cross = enabled

I love when a developer or ui designer or really anyone but me decides
to assign a value judgement on toggles like that.

As always, it takes very little to make life more exiting;-)

No matter what color, it should say clearly "disabled/deactivated" or "enabled/activated" and not as in "my" Yast only "Konfigurieren" without further hints.

cu
Peter