Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 20170219 python3 stuff
On Mon, 2017-02-20 at 11:23 +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Monday 2017-02-20 11:15, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

On Mon, 2017-02-20 at 10:59 +0100, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
Once installed, due to its failure, in the for example case we
have
today, it
prevent smooth up(dgr)ate.
It could be a service to end-users ;-)
I admit I've not the global vision and being able to weight the
burden that
create in contribution.

That argument is valid for all 11k packages in TW; once installed,
then
it breaks in TW, an upgrade of said package will be tough. Still, I
hope you're not suggesting to add 11k packages to the rings and try
stage stuff with.

Maybe I am misinterpreting the purpose of rings, but isn't

 for a in ${all packages}; check if "zypper in" yields
"unresolvable"; done

Very much not - no... you'd not see a release ever.. there is at leats
one broken package in the distro at any given time. The rings scope is
the DVD installer at this moment. That said, we don't object other
stuff to the ring - if there is a common issue with it.

But adding stuff when it's broken is a bad time to do it.

doable as a trivial test? It can't possibly take more than a day to
run through
these.

Installability tests are performed - and recorded...

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:Factory:Staging/d
ashboard/installcheck?expand=1

Happy fixing all of them - I'm awaiting submissions

Cheers
Dominique