Re: [opensuse-factory] App startup screen 1,2
* Daniele <kailed@xxxxxxxxxx> [02-19-17 08:21]:
[....]
Sorry, I don't understand..
In nvidia-setings, do you see 2 screen ? Can you arrange them ?
If yes, set as you wish and then save xorg.conf.
If not, I don't know :(

I didn't use "nvidia-settings", but nvidia-xconfig. And I used it w/o any
parameters. It generated an xorg.conf but with only a single display.
After your post I somewhat recovered my sanity and rtfm and then used:
nvidia-xconfig --separate-x-screens --virtual=1920x1080
--enable-all-gpus

which generated an xorg.conf which looked usable except for monitor
position which I edited by hand to "LeftOf" rather than "RightOf"

I just generated an xorg.conf using nvidia-settings and will test it. It
differs considerably from the other and does describe the relative
position of the primary display.

xorg.conf generated by nvidia-settings:

# nvidia-settings: X configuration file generated by nvidia-settings
# nvidia-settings: version 375.39 (buildmeister@swio-display-x86-rhel47-09)
Tue Jan 31 20:46:35 PST 2017

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Layout0"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
Option "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
# generated from data in "/etc/sysconfig/mouse"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
# generated from default
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
# HorizSync source: edid, VertRefresh source: edid
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "Unknown"
ModelName "Samsung S27C500"
HorizSync 30.0 - 81.0
VertRefresh 50.0 - 75.0
Option "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
BoardName "GeForce GTS 450"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Device0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
Option "Stereo" "0"
Option "nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-2"
Option "metamodes" "DVI-I-3: nvidia-auto-select +1920+0, HDMI-0:
nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
Option "SLI" "Off"
Option "MultiGPU" "Off"
Option "BaseMosaic" "off"
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection

tks, will advise result when next booted.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2 Registered Linux User #207535

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo @ http://linuxcounter.net