Re: [opensuse-factory] texlive- packages on Tumbleweed
On Thu, 2017-02-16 at 07:23 +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am 16.02.2017 um 07:16 schrieb Roger Oberholtzer:

That's a damn big grain of salt.

Well, transfig users should think twice what functionality they
expect -
perhaps libreoffice-draw is good enough :)

It's no problem with solver.onlyRequires = true. I have transfig
installed (don't no what pulled it in actually) and only 118 texlive
packages.

IMO the problem is:

1) transfig requires texlive-epstopdf
2) texlive-epstopdf requires texlive
3) texlive recommends texlive-scheme-medium
4) texlive-scheme-medium would pull in the rest of the packages (979
on my system) via requires.

Neither 1) nor 2) make sense to me. They could both be recommends,
AFAICS. The rest is ok (although it might be worth discussing whether
texlive should rather recommend the "small" or "basic" scheme).

Regards,
Martin

--
Dr. Martin Wilck <mwilck@xxxxxxxx>, Tel. +49 (0)911 74053 2107
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton