Re: [opensuse-factory] texlive- packages on Tumbleweed
Am 16.02.2017 um 07:16 schrieb Roger Oberholtzer:
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 7:29 PM, Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Am Dienstag, 14. Februar 2017, 09:40:42 CET schrieb Roger Oberholtzer:
Wow. After I added the lock, zypper says it is not installing 6177
items because they are locked. Those mainly must be texlive-*
packages. The only other thing I have locked is php5 (until I can
verify I do not need it).

This means there are 6177 packages matching your texlive-* lock.
It does _not_ mean that all those 6177 packages would be installed if
you remove the lock.

So please take this number with a grain of salt ;-)

Not totally. It will install over 1400 of those. Even though transfig
only needs a few, those need others, who need others, etc.

If it was only a few getting installed I would not care.

The size of what gets installed is over 800 MB.

That's a damn big grain of salt.

Well, transfig users should think twice what functionality they expect -
perhaps libreoffice-draw is good enough :)

zypper in transfig:
2103 new packages to install.
Overall download size: 910.5 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the
operation, additional 1.7 GiB will be used.

zypper in libreoffice-draw:
503 new packages to install.
Overall download size: 326.0 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the
operation, additional 1.1 GiB will be used.

:-)

Greetings, Stephan